Black seed oil health benefits
One Nutrition’s Black Seed Oil is the finest Egyptian cold pressed virgin black cumin seed oil.
Black seed oil has been shown to have antioxidant properties. These can help relieve inflammation inside the body and on the skin.
Popular in the Middle East and Far East, black seed oil has been used for thousands of years as a traditional remedy and food
- Black seed oil has shown promise in treating some of the most common health conditions, including high blood pressure and asthma. It also shows strong antifungal activity against Candida albicans — yeast that can overgrow in the body and lead to candidiasis. Examples of other black seed oil health benefits include:
- Reducing high blood pressure: Taking black cumin seed extract for two months has been shown to reduce high blood pressure in people whose blood pressure is mildly elevated.
- Reducing high cholesterol: Taking black seed oil has been shown to reduce high cholesterol. It’s high in healthy fatty acids that can help you maintain healthier cholesterol levels. Examples of these fatty acids include linoleic acids and oleic acid. The levels of the oils can vary depending on where the black seeds are grown. People may also see results when consuming the crushed seeds.
- Improving rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: Taking oral black seed oil may help to reduce inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- Decreasing asthma symptoms: The anti-inflammatory effects of black seed oil may extend to improving asthma symptoms. Its effect in reducing inflammation in the airways may also help with bronchitis symptoms.
- Reducing stomach upset: Eating black seeds or taking black seed oil is associated with relieving stomach pain and cramps. The oil can help to reduce gas, stomach bloating, and the incidence of ulcers as well.
- Black seed oil is also thought to have anticancer properties. It may help fight against skin cancers when applied topically.
For over two thousand years the black seed (Nigella sativa) has been traditionally used as a food and in general wellbeing. Known as ‘The Blessed Seed’ it is said
to have a wide number of benefits based on traditional use. Made exclusively from organic Egyptian black seed, preserved in an amber glass bottle.
How to take: Take 1 teaspoon (5ml) as needed. Can be added to drinks, used in salad dressing or drizzled over vegetables. Store in a cool dry place. Once opened, store in the refrigerator. Not recommended for use in frying.
Available as 200ml oil.
Vegan – Gluten Free – Soy Free – Dairy Free